León Martínez, Rafael
RAFAEL LEÓN MARTÍNEZ, PhD
Associate scientist National Health System “Miguel Servet II”
Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria del H.U. La Princesa
Instituto Fundación Teófilo Hernando
1. Drug design and organic synthesis
2. Non-conventional targets for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases
3. Nrf2-ARE phase II antioxidant response as drug target for neurodegenerative diseases
4. Multitarget drug design as global pathological network approach against neurodegenerative diseases
5. Pro-oxidant and electrophilic compounds as novel anti-cancer therapy
SELECTION OF PUBLICATIONS
1. P. Michalska, A. Wojnicz, A. Ruiz-Nuño, S. Abril, I. Buendia and R. León*. “Inclusion complex of ITH12674 with 2-hydroxypropyl-b-cyclodextrin: Preparation, physical characterization and pharmacological effect.” Carbohydrate Polymers (2017) 157, 94.
(IF 4.074) DECIL: 1
2. I. Buendia, P. Michalska, E. Navarro, I. Gameiro, J. Egea and R. León.* “Nrf2-ARE pathway: an emerging target against oxidative stress and neuroinflammation in neurodegenerative diseases.” Pharmacology and Therapeutics (2016), 157, 84-104.
(IF 11,060) DECIL: 1
Highlighted by the Web of knowledge (Journal Citation Reports) Highly Cited Paper (one of the TOP 1% most cited articles in 2016).
3. I. Buendia, G. Tenti, P. Michalska, I. Méndez-López, E. Luengo, M. Satriani, F. Padín-Nogueira, M. G. López, M.T. Ramos, A. G. García, J. C. Menéndez and R. León*. “ITH14001, a CGP37157-nimodipine hybrid designed to regulate calcium homeostasis and oxidative stress, exerts neuroprotection in cerebral ischemia.” ACS Chemical Neuroscience (2016), ASAP.
(IF 4.362) DECIL: 1
4. J. Egea, I. Buendia, E. Parada, E. Navarro, P. Rada, A. Cuadrado, M. G. López, A. G. García and R. León.* “Melatonin-sulforaphane hybrid ITH12674 induces neuroprotection in oxidative stress conditions by a “Drug-Prodrug” mechanism of action.” British Journal of Pharmacology (2015), 172, 1807-1821.
(IF 4.842), DECIL: 1
PMID: 25425158 PMCID
5. G. Tenti, E. Parada, R. León,* J. Egea, S. Martínez, A. M. Briones, V. Sridharan, M. G. López, M. T. Ramos, J. C. Menendez. “New 5-unsubstituted dihydropyridines with improved CaV1.3 selectivity as potential neuroprotective agents against ischemic injury”. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry (2014), 57, 4313-4323.
(IF 5.447), DECIL: 1
6. M. Tissot, R. Phipps, C. Lucas, R. León, R. D. M. Pace, T. Ngouansavanh and M. J. Gaunt. “Gram-scale enantioselective formal synthesis of morphine through an ortho-para oxidative phenolic coupling strategy” Angewandte Chemie, Intern. Ed. (2014), 53, 13498-13501.
(IF 11.261) DECIL: 1
7. R. León,* A. G. García and J. Marco-Contelles. “Recent advances in the multi-target directed ligands approach for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease”. Medicinal Research Reviews (2013), 33, 139-189.
(IF 8.431) DECIL: 1
Highlighted by the Web of knowledge (Journal Citation Reports) Highly Cited Paper (one of the TOP 1% most cited articles in 2014). Highlighted by the journal as the most frequently cited published in 2012 or 2013 and the article that contributed most to the journal’s impact factor in 2014.
8. R. León, A. Jawalekar, T. Redert and M. J. Gaunt. “Catalytic enantioselective asssembly of complex molecules containing embedded quaternary stereogenic centers from simple anisidine derivatives”. Chemical Science (2011), 2, 1487-1490.
(IF 9.211), DECIL: 1